About the Golf Association of Florida
Mission and Objectives
The Golf Association of Florida was established in 1997 as a statewide golf association, and was subsequently licensed by the United States Golf Association. The GAF is a non-profit 501 C-3 Corporation.
The Golf Association of Florida, (GAF) will serve its members professionally and effectively, in a manner appropriate to improving the environment for the game of golf in Florida. It will carry out the traditional functions of an authorized state golf association, (ie; course rating, handicapping, rules interpretation etc.,) and in addition will work to improve the popularity and interest in the game, resulting in more rounds of golf played at member facilities in Florida.
Anyone affiliated with Florida golf as a golfer, club member, course operator, or by involvement in a golf-related activity. The GAF provides avenues of input from, and representation to, all groups. Memberships are in three classes: Individuals, Golf Clubs, and Industry Associates.
- Promotion of competitive amateur golf and the encouragement of more participants.
- Advance uniform rules and standards of the United States Golf Association, especially with regard to the handicap system, rules of golf, and course rating procedure.
- Provide specific services for our member clubs and the golfing public, creating or using technology that will enable them to be more efficient as well as better informed about events and facilities both local and statewide.
- Conduct or sanction a year-round series of competitive events, in all parts of the state, accommodating all levels of amateur golfers.
- Provide a liaison between members, other state golf associations, appropriate state and national organizations, particularly the USGA.
- Serve as a clearinghouse, and source of information for its members and others.
- Enhance the awareness of golf in civic affairs, and to provide information on the game's activities to appropriate bodies.